2015/11/25

2015_11_25 Installing DCC continues

2015_11_25   Only got one loco done yesterday.

So its back into the B Class project :)
Yesterday I prepared all 4 B Class for sound and only needed to connect up  the wires. The easy part, so I thought..
I started on the first engine in line and connected up all the lights, then the motor and finally the bogies. When I tested the engine the sound and the lights all worked, however the Loco would not move. As I started checking wires , I found that the grey wire to the motor had a bad solder joint and was only held together with shrink tube. So I rejoined it and placed it on the track to see if it was fixed.  The sound started but as soon as the Loco tried to move, a direct short occurred. After starting to test for the short, I ran out of time and finished for the day.
A few minutes ago I was about to head out into the shed when I noticed that Eugene had posted on my blog about how the wiring was reversed on the bogies.
Thank you Eugene. You just saved me a heap of time. Now I will reverse those wires and see how it goes. I also noticed that Auscision have not used any standard wiring for their lighting circuits either.
More Later,
Cheers
Rod Young

1 comment:

  1. Shades of old early models from the SDK wonder if the Auscision factory employ the old SDK electronic engineer?

    ReplyDelete

All comments and suggestions from like minded individuals always welcomed. Help make this railway better :D